How to make money blogging
If you’re blogging and not earning a single penny then you’re missing out on a great opportunity to monetize your blog and it’s content. Here are the top ways on how to make money blogging.
- Sign up to Google Adsense – Google Adsense is an advertising platform that bloggers can use to get adverts displayed on their blog. It is a quick and easy way to get third-party advertising into your content. The rates are low and dependent on the number of advert clicks and the number of advert impressions (views). It is definitely worth signing up to Google Adsense to ensure that you don’t miss out on this easy way to make money blogging.
- Affiliate Programs – If you write about products, services, brands or even companies, you may be able to swap those links included in those posts to affiliate links. This is part of affiliate marketing, where you can get paid a commission for referring people to a website where they purchase from that website. It’s a digital version of commission selling / word of mouth. All the big review, blog and advice sites use affiliate marketing and it’s big business. But that doesn’t mean you need to be a big player to get a piece of the action. I recommend using a combination of Skimlinks, Affiliate Window, and ShareASale.
- Premium Content – This option is essentially charging for content on your website. You’d usually have two tiers of content on your website, basic/free and premium/paid. That means you can entice people in with your basic content and if they would like more in-depth, expert content, then they can pay to access that content. The most common methods of charging for premium content is either by a one-off payment for site-wide access, pay for access to individual pieces of content, or an ongoing subscription model.
- Sponsored Content – Third parties can pay you to write content on your website about a product, service, brand or company. This is a good way to get additional revenue but required you having lots of high-quality content, or have some form of regular readership, or have some influence in your niche.
- Direct Ads – Similar to Google Adsense, showing adverts on your website can significantly and easily boost revenue. This method is all about sourcing adverts direct from the advertisers themselves. Without going through a third party you can set your own terms and agree your own price. The potential for greater earnings here is considerable. For best results look for companies that are broadly similar to your blog’s niche.
- Write an Ebook – A very popular way on how to make money blogging is to write an ebook. Yes, write an ebook. It is really simple to be honest. All you need to do is provide a solution to a problem and write about it. You don’t need to reinvent the wheel, you just need to put your own slant on things.
- Write for Blogs – Another very popular way to make money blogging is to write for other blogs. You could do this through something like PeoplePerHour, or you could write for blogs directly, ones that pay for high-quality expert content.
Take part in the discussion
Discussion about How to make money blogging article, if you have any questions, comments or thoughts then get leave a reply.